Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nights I will always remember, people I will never forget

I have lived in Isla Vista for almost three years. THREE YEARS. It feels like time has really flown by, and yet, this feels so much like home already. I have met sooo many people that I will never forget, and days and nights that will seriously go down in my history books forever. I have highlighted some of those times (only the positive ones), featuring some of those people here.

1. I'll set the scene. Kimi and Andrew decide to visit Santa Barbara. Ashley, Robert, Kimi, Andrew, Julie, and Me=sleepover. First we went out to dinner at Longboards. Some crazy valet man takes a blury picture for us, then we hung out back in 207B. Best Trop night for sure. Legendary.

2. The Swede takes us out on the town. Black dress night. Nathalie screaming her head off, parading around IV together. Jamie's house, boys house, our house, Courtney's house, Marley House, some other house on DP, repeat. Thus starting the Trigo glory.

3. Downtown at Q's. Getting Julie's ID (sketchy), dancing all night (some creepers involved), losing Trent, finding Trent, taking pictures in the middle of State Street, again, the swede :-). Who's ready to turn 21?... You're LeBron! Smile with your lady friend!

4. ASVT. Bill's Bus I love you. You are the most fun thing ever to exist. Please take me for free everywhere always. The babies visiting made it pretty fun too.

5. My 20th Birthday. Pretty much enough said, but I'll elaborate. The stick. Ok, done. Jk. Jamie being crazy for another night, wearing a pretty dress, paparazzi pictures with strangers. The next night, Bill, again, thank you so much for your hospitality, dancing for hours and hours and hours. Just Julio, Antonio, and Emilio like old times.

6. 4th of July. The first best time on Sueno. Irish dancing and chanting USA. Ribs, cheesy bread, Trigo roof, being sad, fireworks from all directions, hopping fences.

7. West Beach Music Festival. Music on the beach, getting lost with Julie, being found with Julie, seeing Max, seeing the twins, seeing Ashley and Kurt and Scott, seeing everyone we knew and more, dancing, blow up slide, waiting for the shuttle, waiting for a taxi, walking all the way back to Florida's, turtles on the way, phone booth on the way.

8. Ashley's 20th Birthday- The blow up waterslide, Marcella, tangerines and lemonade, the weather breaking at 4:30 pm, Max popping balloons in the hallway, Julie going in with her clothes on, Marcella napping.

9. New Years week 2010- Kimi visiting, bowling, babies visiting, Julie surprising me, running to Freebird's barefooted and blasting music, running home from Freebirds blasting music.


I can't wait for the list to grow. The key: no expectations and you will never be dissapointed. Fact.

1 comment:

  1. Well it is nice to know that the most interesting thing I have done in your life is TAKE A NAP! hahahahhaha. So true, though ♥

    ReplyDelete