Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

On Christmas Eve my roommate and best friend, Ashley delivered the second half of my Christmas present to my front door at home. When we are in the bay area we have this weird habit of always hanging out together. Turns out we literally (LITERALLY) can't live without each other. It was pretty normal that she was over on this night and the present was pretty standard (she has this habit of creating adorable and sentimental presents). She delivered a red velvet cupcake and a letter. I wasn't supposed to open it until Christmas, but yeah right. I lost patience two hours after she left and I opened it. I was alone in my room, and as lame as it is, as I was reading the letter I started bawling. It was easily one of the top three best letters I have ever received.





The reason I tell you this story is because I was recently cleaning up and I found this letter I speak of. I am not a huge advocate of new years resolutions. I think we should resolve to always be better and the new year seems like sort of a silly time to randomly decide to start. However, this letter made me re-evaluate what I need to work on. So here are my non-new years resolutions for life at this moment and forever:





1. Have more fun





2. Be less stressed out, even when there is more stress to worry about





3. Stop getting mad at friends, totally not worth it





4. Never ever get old








I think I'll add more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment