Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Coolest Places I Have Ever Been

Recently one of my teachers assigned a rather intriguing project. We had to compile a list of the coolest places we had ever been. The list had to include a variety of places, some that could never exist again, some that are changing, but still generally the same, some ordinary and some extraordinary. It may be the coolest assignment I have ever gotten. So far I have a lot of things to add, it makes me realize how lucky I am.

1. The top of the Eiffel Tower: never have I been somewhere so busy, but so serene. There were tons of people, but looking out at the whole city of Paris you literally feel alone.

2. The glass window bottom of the Kapalua Kai in Maui: We were on a whale watching boat and a female and her baby took shelter under our boat while males tried to show off around us. At the bottom of the boat, there was a glass window where I could see the baby whale's eye. Pretty incredible.

3. The 4th row at the Greek Theater during a Goo Goo Dolls concert: Almost didn't go to the concert and ended up getting incredible seats. Even though it wasn't the best band I've ever seen...it was the best concert.

4. Campus Point: It's just beautiful, let's be honest.

5: The Madison's at Sunset: Easily the prettiest sunsets I have ever seen. You can see UCSB, the Channel Islands, and SB city lights with the sun setting in like fourteen different colors. For some reason, it's better there than anywhere else in Santa Barbara.

6. 6648 Trigo #2A's Balcony: It was just too much fun, especially on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

7. Lizard's Mouth: It's always pretty and always an adventure. It makes me feel like I am a cougar. Rwar. Hahahahahaha


2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a really awesome assignment and you've been to some pretty amazing places (like the boat in Hawaii! So cool). Anyways what's a place that can never exist again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sort of hard to think of one of those, but mine was our balcony next year. The circumstances would never be the same that could make it my favorite place again.

    ReplyDelete