Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Second to Last College Dead Week


I am going all out this quarter. I have tried soooo hard. Maybe harder than I have ever tried at school before. I go to office hours consistently, fight grades, and study more often than not. I've even had to cancel work some days in order to study more. I thought this week was going to be a struggle. Too many distractions, excitements, etc. I nailed it. I feel like I have nothing to do, which of course is a false belief, but man it feels good.


What am I going to do about it? I'm going to go to the beach. I have to. It's too nice outside not to. I live in Santa Barbara. It's the middle of March and it's suitable weather to be walking around in a bathing suit.


On a side note, I have to tell you how much I love my friends. I could see them for two hours, even ten minutes and they make my day. They don't have to do anything either, just be around me. It makes taking everything that sucks a lot easier. Even better? Friends and the beach. That's why Julie and I will be using our long breaks between classes tomorrow to go to the beach. I think this is the most planned beach trip I have had since I moved to Santa Barbara, but I think the weather will cooperate.


On an even sider note, Taylor Swift and Jack Johnson have been getting me through dead week. It's so much easier to write papers with artistic and emotional stimulation from these people. ha ha ha ha.


"I didn't know what i would find when I went looking for a reason. I didn't read between the lines and baby I've got no where to go. I tried to take the road less traveled, but nothing seems to work the first three times. Am I right?"


No comments:

Post a Comment